Newark, New Jersey
1.1K views 16 comments

I purchased a pair of Reebok Zig Tech sneakers in December 2010 to give my son for his B-day in January.Four months later the low quality material on the uppers have ripped across the top of his toe box.

This is not normal wear and tear. My son is 11 and wears them everyday. The soles are in great shape and the tearing of the upper in such an abnormal wear location makes them unwearable. These sneakers have worn out earlier than any other sneaker we've purchased for him.

I wish I could post a picture, words don't do justice to the state of these sneakers.

I'm pissed and I think Reebok should refund my I $99 for such a shoddy product!I'm very disappointed!

Review about: Reebok Sneakers.

Had an Experience with Reebok?

Comments

Mad mom

I bought my son a pair of zig tech shark and less them 3 months the mesh in the front of the shoe separated an ripped open on both. I called them and they just want to give me 25% off another pair ?why would I want another pair they are *** and not worth the 100

I paid for them

Rell

I rolled my ankle in these shoes..they are trash do not play basket ball in these shoes..

you will regret it..im looking to send these back and get my money back or exchange for a better pair of reeboks..

Kay
to Rell Duncanville, Texas, United States #601137

I agree with you I was playing basketball today and i sprained my ankle and fell on mmmy knees

gordon
to Rell #757576

Reebok have different type of shoes for basketball. Reebok Zigtech are NOT designed for playing basketball, this pair if shoes is designed and made for running. I have a pair of ZigTech and it works flawlessly.

Mark
to gordon #866720

There are zigtech basketball shoes made with same marerials. Ive owned both and both tire up front

Steve G

Had them 2 months the top mesh ripped out.Very disappointed spent 90.00,could have gotten a 25.00 pair that would have lasted longer

xaby

:grin

SayNoToZig

Wow I am not the only one with this issue.I have a pair of light grey mesh and orange bottoms.

I think they look great until I wore them for less than weeks with just walking in them so barley normal use. The fabric just start ripping in 3 to 4 places on both shoes. I was told to send my receipt. I did that and still havent heard anything back.

Its been months.

I wish I would have watched for reviews of these shoes.Thanks

Fightin fire.

On my feet for 12 hr days.They have been absolutely a lifesaver for my back and legs.

I had been wearing Nike Shox up until a few weeks ago. Co workers are now starting to purchase and comment on how comfortable they are.

Purchased at Dicks Sporting Goods for $69 dollars.Far below the Nike price.

Btown Boys

My twins customized some ZigTechs for Christmas, and the exact same thing happened to them.The "base" material on the upper ripped right where the shoe creases when they walk.

Stiched them and they rip again. Called Reebok and they were very nice and offered a re-customization or a refund...whichever I choose.

I won't buy custom zigs again...I will buy Reeboks again.Good company.